PhD / Postdoc Position (m/f/d): Ecosystem services of agricultural landscapes facing climate change
Open PhD/postdoc position: Ecosystem services of agricultural landscapes facing climate change
The interdisciplinary research of the Professorship of Ecological Services (PES), University of Bayreuth aims at better ecological management of agricultural landscapes facing climate change. Towards this goal, one PhD/postdoc position (2+1.5 years) is currently available to conduct research on agricultural management, land use change and hydrological ecosystem services. Your research will contribute to interdisciplinary projects where universities, research institutes and stakeholders collaborate.
You will model agricultural practices under climate change with respect to crop yield, water provisioning, nutrient retention and erosion regulation. This will allow to identify improved management schemes balancing the agricultural yield with water quality of surface and ground water.
This position is part of the research project "Effects of multiple stressors on streams in climate change (AquaKlif)", subproject 6 „Influence of multiple stressors on watercourses in climate change“.
Your qualifications for the position:
- Master or PhD degree in environmental or natural sciences
- Knowledge related to global change and ecosystem services
- Methodological knowledge in ecosystem services models (e.g. SWAT, InVEST)
- Very good command of English language (German is an advantage because all projects are located in Bavaria)
- The Professorship of Ecological Services (PES) offers an interdisciplinary working environment
- Membership in the Bayreuth Center of Ecology and Environmental Research (BayCEER) of the University of Bayreuth with more than 60 senior researchers and postdocs with a research focus on biodiversity, ecosystem functions and services
- Active involvement in workshops and meetings of AquaKlif
- PhD students will be enrolled in the PhD program for Ecology and Environmental Research PEER, which offers support by mentoring, structured course program and access to workshops & seminars
Handicapped persons will be given preference in cases with equal qualification. The University of Bayreuth is dedicated to increasing the proportion of women employed in science, and requests explicitly applications from women.
Applicants should apply for a specific position and send in one pdf a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates with transcripts of grades, list of publications, 1-3 sample publications, and contact addresses of 2 referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Dr. Thomas Koellner, Faculty of Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany).
Date of publication December 19th, 2019 - open for applications until Feb 1, 2020 or until position is filled. Start is planned for beginning of 2020. See status on PES webpage or contact Prof. Dr. Koellner for further information.
Notes for applicants concerning General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) information requirements >>