Research Position (m/f/d)
Hydrological Ecosystem Services in Large Catchments
The interdisciplinary research of the Professorship of Ecological Services (PES), University of Bayreuth aims at better ecological management of agriculturally dominated landscapes facing climate change. Towards this goal, a research position is currently available:
Researcher (11 months, 100%, E13), start April 1, 2023 or later
We are looking for candidates to develop spatial models of land use and ecosystem services (erosion regulation, water yield and nutrient regulation) for Bavaria. This research will enrich the Atlas for Ecosystem Services Bavaria (http://atlas.oekoystemleistung.bayern), which is communicating our research results to the interested public. The position starting April 1, 2023 or later is offered for 11 months.
Your qualification for the open position:
- Candidates holding a MSc or PhD degree in environmental, natural, or geo sciences are invited to apply
- Very good study record
- Methodological knowledge in ecosystem services models (e.g. SWAT, InVEST) and GIS / geostatistics in R
- Since the case study area is located in Bavaria (Germany) and the work includes stakeholder involvement, very good German language skills are required
- The Professorship of Ecological Services (PES) offers an interdisciplinary working environment
- Membership in the Bayreuth Center of Ecology and Environmental Research (BayCEER) of the University of Bayreuth with more than 60 senior researchers and postdocs with a research focus on biodiversity, ecosystem functions and services.
- PhD students will be enrolled in the PhD program for Ecology and Environmental Research PEER, which offers support by mentoring, structured course program and access to workshops & seminars.
Handicapped persons will be given preference in cases with equal qualification. The University of Bayreuth is dedicated to increasing the proportion of women employed in science, and requests explicitly applications from women.
Applicants should send in one pdf a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, certificates with transcripts of grades, list of publications, 1-3 sample publications, and contact addresses of 2 referees via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Prof. Dr. Thomas Koellner, Faculty of Biology, Chemistry and Geosciences, University of Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany).
Date of publication February 20, 2023 - open for applications until position filled. See status on PES webpage or contact Prof. Dr. Koellner for further information.
Notes for applicants concerning General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) information requirements >>