Research Group on Ecosystem Services
The main goal of the Professorship of Ecological Services (PES) is to establish a research and teaching program to understand the societal relevance of ecosystem services given global change scenarios. For stimulating high practical relevance we embed the research on ecosystem services in “real” decision contexts. Study regions have been in Germany, Switzerland, South Korea, Tajikistan and Ethiopia.
The Professorship of Ecological Services is financially supported by the Bavarian Elite Network M.Sc. Graduate Program Global Change Ecology (GCE) and member of the BAYreuth Center of Ecology and Environmental Research (BAYCEER).
Main research activities
- Decision-making: Empirical analysis of actors supplying and demanding ecosystem services >> more
- Regional human-environment systems: Mapping and modelling of land use, biodiversity and ecosystem services >> more
- Interregional flows: Assessing virtual land/water flows and ecosystem impacts >> more
Atlas of Ecosystem Services Bavaria: Nature and landscapes for people (German language)
- Online-Atlas (beta version) on climate change, land use and ecosystem services >>
- Participation on survey 2023 and online results >>
- Reports on survey 2020 on services of nature and landscape: >>
PES research colloquium: Calendar
Postdoc Position (6 years, 100%, A13Z): Ecosystem Services in Landscapes facing Climate Change (closed)
|Phone:||+49 (0)921 / 55-2252|
|Fax:||+49 (0)921 / 55-2334|
|Room||1.19, Geo II|
Mondays + Wednesdays 11:30-14:00
Visitor address and directions
Building GEO II
Here you find the plan of the campus.